Information Technology Project ManagerAssuraMed employs over 1,000 people across the nation.
Information Technology Project Manager
The PM will be responsible for managing multiple projects potentially affecting any functional area within the company and involving all departments in IT. The candidate will work with users at all levels, IT personnel and potentially outsourcing solutions integration partners. The candidate will have overall responsibility for the successful completion of a wide variety of business projects. He/she will do this by working closely with the project sponsors and IT resource managers to develop project plans, ensure that the needed resources are identified and allocated, track and resolve issues, and report project status. The candidate will be recognized as a key individual contributor, but his/her success will depend on being a team player and working successfully with others throughout the organization. In many ways, the candidate will serve as a liaison between the IT Business/System Analysts, Developers, and business teams. The scope of this role will cut across all functional areas and technologies including Sales, Customer Service, Billing, Supply Chain, Warehouse Management, Trade Management, Procurement, Finance and Human Resources. In addition, the candidate will work closely with the Director of the Program Management Office to drive initiatives associated with improving and streamlining the delivery of business critical projects, developing and improving the IT standards, methods and procedures, identifying and implementing tools to support and facilitate the IT processes, etc. This role requires solid functional experience along with good technical background in project management.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to a project team with varied skill levels
- Develop Project Plans that clearly define the activities necessary to achieve the project objectives, and identify the task dependencies, resources and levels of effort required.
- Work with the project sponsors, IT Resource Managers and others to ensure that the identified project resources are available as needed.
- Review project deliverables to ensure that they are completed on time, follow the applicable IT standards, are of high quality, and satisfy the needs of the project.
- Track the progress of the project.
- Track the project budget and report any anticipated variances.
- Maintain a log of issues that could potentially impact the project schedule or delivery. Determine what action is required to resolve the issues and take actions needed to resolve them.
- Prepare project status reports.
- Conduct status meetings on a regular basis to provide updates on the project progress, discuss and resolve issues, update the project plan, etc.
- Assist the development and implementation of IT methodologies, standards and procedures
- Work with the Directory of the Program Management Office and others within IT to define, implement and enforce standards and methodologies that pertain to quality, consistency, and accuracy of project design, development, testing and implementation.
- Participate in requirement studies, evaluations and implementations of tools to automate and facilitate the IT Processes.
- Train and develop information systems personnel as needed.
As a member of the Program Management Office, work with user management in monitoring, assessing the appropriateness of, and prioritizing requests for new systems and changes to existing systems.
Interact with all departments and personnel in a productive cordial and professional manner so as to become an effective conduit for the users to get the systems changes they require.
- 5-10 years system implementation or related business analytical experience required
- 2-5 years project management experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of business applications such as warehousing, distribution, inventory control, POS systems, order management & financial modules
- Ability to become proficient in MIS project life cycle -plan/conceptual design/detail design/construction/implement
- Ability to grasp full understanding of processes & functions of assigned environments
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Results oriented with on-time & quality delivery; strong service orientation
A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus but is not required.