QA LeadAssuraMed employs over 1,000 people across the nation.
AssuraMed is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Lead for to join our IT team. The QA Lead will be responsible for building testing competency around all functional areas within the IT department. The candidate will stand up and grow AssuraMed’s testing capabilities, working with both IT personnel and outsourcing solutions integration partners. Additionally, the candidate will contribute to the improvement of the overall software development and release process. The candidate will be recognized as a key individual contributor. The candidate will serve as liaison with Business/System Analysts, Developers, and business teams to lead QA/Testing Management for the entire AssuraMed application portfolio. The scope of this role will cut across all functional areas and technologies including Sales, Customer Service, Billing, Supply Chain, Warehouse Management, Trade Management, Procurement, Finance and Human Resources. In addition, the candidate will drive initiatives associated with improving and streamlining some of these operations, specifically around testing process improvement and overall quality in IT delivery. This role requires solid functional experience along with good technical background in a QA lead capacity.
- Define, develop and implement an IT QA function:
- Identify, define and lead the implementation of methods and processes to improve productivity and effectiveness of the QA process.
- Identify and implement tools and other technology to support and provide structure to the QA function
- Define, implement and enforce standards and methodologies that pertain to quality, testing and implementation.
- Develop a working knowledge of each system and functional area to understand the critical elements that must be verified whenever a change is implemented.
- Build a baseline library of test scenarios and scripts for each system and functional area.
- Work with the project managers to modify and enhance the test script library as new functionality is added to the systems.
- Develop an IT QA organization as the QA function grows:
- Assess the capacity of the QA group and compare it to the demand for QA services.
- Work with IT management to determine the positions and staffing levels needed to support the QA role.
- Work with IT management and Human Resources to develop position descriptions for the identified QA positions.
- Interview and evaluate candidates for the QA positions.
- Provide mentoring, direction and guidance to the QA staff personnel.
- Provide input to IT management regarding the abilities, strengths, weaknesses and growth opportunities of the QA staff personnel.
- Perform QA testing and readiness reviews :
- Review business requirements for new systems and enhancements to ensure that they are accurate, complete and testable.
- Work with IT and user personnel to identify test scenarios and develop scripts.
- Develop detailed test plans identifying the tasks, resources and level of effort required.
- Work with the IT project managers and cross functional project teams to incorporate testing activities into the project plans and schedules.
- Perform testing tasks, document and analyze results, and identify issues requiring resolution.
- Coordinate and guide the testing tasks being performed by users and other IT personnel to ensure that all tasks are completed, results documented and issues resolved.
- Communicate testing results as part of the overall projects progress status and assess its impact on the project plan.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the IT practices and methodologies:
- Work with the applications and infrastructure groups to develop and maintain robust testing environments.
- Work with the IT leadership, Project Managers and others to incorporate effective testing practices into the project management and system development methodologies.
- Identify, communicate and work with the IT leadership to implement opportunities for improvements in the IT standards, procedures, methods and general practices as opportunities arise.
- 10+ years of IT experience, with 2+ in a lead/management role
- 4+ years of experience in a system implementation environment as a quality assurance analyst
- 3+ years of experience establishing and leading quality assurance testing efforts, including system, integration, regression, and performance testing
- Experience with end to end testing, integration with multiple upstream and downstream systems
- Solid knowledge of test and defect management tools and ability to drive implementation and enforcement of defined test processes and tools
- Strong experience with using and/or implementing different test automation tools
- Experience implementing software engineering methodologies or process improvement initiatives
- Solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment with the capacity to handle confidential information and escalate issues effectively
- Ability to think strategically and inform/influence senior managers on business opportunities and risks
- Ability to identify and resolve issues independently in a rapidly changing environment, at times taking initiatives in ambiguous circumstances
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in diverse technical environments and to quickly gain a working knowledge of new technologies
Must have a bachelor’s degree in IT, Information Systems, Technology, Engineering, Science or related fields