Staff AccountantAssuraMed employs over 1,000 people across the nation.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining accounts, records, ledgers, and assisting in the preparation of financial statements for the Company. Also, assisting with accounting research, analytical review of accounts and balances, and production and distribution of reports is a primary focus of the Staff Accountant.
- Assist in monthly financial closing and preparation of financial statements in a timely and accurate manner, with supplemental analysis
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly
- Assist in completing annual audit work and other special financial projects as needed
- Analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual reports-ensuring accuracy
- Identify trends and developments, and communicate these to management
- Record all company Travel and Entertainment expenses to the General Ledger
- Distribute monthly credit card statements to all managers and executive for review
- Review Company timekeeping system and perform timekeeping duties
- Communicate any issues with Treasury Manager or Senior Accountant
- Ability to perform financial and variance analysis in order to respond to management questions during month end close
- Comply with laws and regulations as they pertain to services provided by the Company. This includes supporting and demonstrating compliance with the Company’s Compliance and HIPAA Plans
- Promptly report any information regarding a known or suspected violation of any applicable laws, regulations, standards or company policy
- Represent the culture and values of the Company to other groups, agencies and the general public, and ensure accuracy of public information materials
- As applicable, attend in-service, continuing education or seminar programs to stay current with industry and community trends
- Attend all required Compliance, HIPAA and other scheduled training
- As applicable, present to management and staff
- Identify, support and demonstrate the Company’s culture and values to ensure quality service to both internal and external company customers
- Support and demonstrate the Company’s values
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university preferred or equivalent work experience
Experience/Skills: 3-5 years previous accounting experience. Previous public accounting experience a plus but not a requirement. A solid demonstration and understanding of accounting concepts is a must. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are needed. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing is necessary to be successful in this role, and must be proficient in Microsoft word and excel. Proficient in Oracle-based systems is a plus!