WAN/LAN Network EngineerAssuraMed employs over 1,000 people across the nation.
WAN/LAN Network Engineer
The Network Engineer is responsible for organizing and directing the ongoing functions of the Corporate network and security environments to ensure the availability of services/products to RGH customers.
- Monitor internet traffic and site visits for compliance to company standards of conduct.
- Monitor network for security and access of both internal and external customers as set forth in company security policy and procedures.
- Plan, develop, administer, evaluate program/areas of responsibility goals; monitor to ensure annual goals are met.
- Monitor system network reports/statistics for quality and appropriateness of services provided to ensure they fall within acceptable levels of service; make any necessary changes for improvement.
- Implements, maintains, supports and troubleshoots security firewalls, switches, bridges, routers, gateways, remote access servers, and Internet or Intranet devices and connections.
- Able to assist in domain environment, application and device servers support and implementation.
- Analyzes, recommends, and evaluates new hardware, software, and communications products for network compatibility and applicability.
- Assists in the training of other Information Systems personnel to improve their technical skills.
- Assist departmental management with development of systems standards, short and long term goals, project management and strategic directions.
- PC Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Advanced Cisco Certifications a plus.
- Expert level networking experience working with TCP/IP fundamentals.
- 5+ years experience in network administration & security.
- Expert level understanding of routing protocols.
- CISSP or related security training and background. Previous HIPAA and PCI experience prefered.
- Experience supporting multiple firewalls, VPNs and remote locations.
- Hands on Router, Firewall and Switch installation, configuration and troubleshooting required.
- Strong communication and analytical skills required.
- Detail oriented, a team player with the ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Ability to research and debug problem situations required.
- Ability to maintain focus in critical and/or time-constrained circumstances.
- Ability to utilize various monitoring and measuring tools.
- Respond to network outages, scheduled installations and maintenance off-hours as required.
Education Requirements: High school diploma required / Bachelors degree and/or equivalent work experience required. (Computer science or related field or graduate of an accredited computer science training program.)